Pine Hills shooting spree suspect indicted on first-degree murder charges
PINE HILLS, Fla – Related Video Above: Man accused of killing reporter, 9-year-old in Pine Hills waives court appearance
On Thursday, an Orange County grand jury indicted the suspect accused of shooting and killing three people in Pine Hills last month.
Moses was indicted on 16 counts, including three counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of 9-year-old T’yonna Major, 24-year-old Spectrum News 13 reporter Dylan Lyons, and 38-year-old Nathacha Augustin.
Earlier this month, Moses pleaded not guilty to the charges.
“We hope that this decision brings some measure of comfort to the families of Natacha Augustin, T’Yonna Major, Dylan Lyons, as well as the surviving victims,” the state attorney’s office said.
A case review panel will meet to make a recommendation on sentencing, State Attorney Monique Worrell said.
Investigators say Moses killed Augustin first before then returning to the scene hours later and shooting the news crew, Major, and Major’s mother inside their house last week.
The News 13 photographer and Major’s mom survived, so Moses was indicted on two counts of attempted murder in their cases, plus a burglary charge.
The sheriff has said this shooting spree was random and the victims were innocent; Moses didn’t seem to have any reason for the attacks.